cannot restore database

Experiencing technical difficulties? Think you've found a problem with PokerTracker 3? Report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: cannot restore database

Postby golfons » Fri May 10, 2013 9:29 am

when i press ctrl + shift + g in finder nothing happens.

do you mean the folder i find under: programs --> postgresql 9.2 ? If so, there is no uninstall file in there.
golfons
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:19 pm

Re: cannot restore database

Postby kraada » Fri May 10, 2013 11:03 am

Click Go -> Go to Folder then and the box will pop up. It's not in Applications, it's in the /Library/PostgreSQL/ folder.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: cannot restore database

Postby golfons » Fri May 17, 2013 3:12 pm

I really need some clear instructions now. What do you mean by "press go" and then ""go to folder? What go-button? where? Sorry but I am new to mac.

you firstly wanted me to press crtl + shift + g in finder. but as i told you nothing happens.

I only have internet at the weekend for two more weeks and I really want to get this set up now. So please give me some clear instruction.

Thank you and regards :)
golfons
golfons
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:19 pm

Re: cannot restore database

Postby kraada » Fri May 17, 2013 4:16 pm

It's at the very top in the menu bar. Where it says Finder at the top left of your screen, follow that across and you'll see Go four more over (after File, Edit and View).
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: cannot restore database

Postby golfons » Sat May 18, 2013 3:02 pm

great that was easy. sorry for being new to apple.

at the end of the uninstalling process I got the following message: "The data directory (/Library/PostgreSQL/9.2/data) and service user account (postgres) have not been removed." (does this have any relevance?)

The uninstallation is completed anyway. I also uninstalled postgreSQL 9.0!

What do I have to do now to get it working finally again? Should I uninstall Pokertracker as well? (do I just have to click cmd + backspace to do this?) Which postgresql version should I download? (http://www.enterprisedb.com/products-se ... wnload#osx)


Thanks for your help so far! :)
golfons
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:19 pm

Re: cannot restore database

Postby kraada » Sun May 19, 2013 9:30 am

Uninstalling PokerTracker is not required. That warning is just to let you know there is still some stuff relating to PostgreSQL on your computer - you don't really need to worry about it. 9.0.13 is the version we recommend for Mac users at this time. Just grab it, install, and you should be all set.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Previous

Return to Technical Support / Bug Reports [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests