Fragmented Postgresql files

PostgreSQL is the database server used to store information. Do you have a question or are you having problem with PostgreSQL? If so, post them here.

Moderator: Moderators

Fragmented Postgresql files

Postby rebelry » Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:42 am

Hi,

I've recently imported over a million hands into beta 16 of PT3. Along with housekeeping and changing the memory in the config files I've defragmented my hard drive. I got an error saying certain files could not be defragmented which were the files in 8.3 file. So I stopped the service and tried again. Same problem. Is there any other way to defragment these files or is it not something I should be concerned about as it will not inhibit performance.
rebelry
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:43 pm

Re: Fragmented Postgresql files

Postby WhiteRider » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:50 am

If it won't defrag with postgres stopped, try resbooting in Safe Mode and do it then.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=11025&p=51605&hilit=defrag+safe+mode#p51605
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Fragmented Postgresql files

Postby rebelry » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:38 am

Thanks for the reply, I had tried that but they were still very fragmented. I used a third party fragmenter called Power Defragmenter which helped a lot.
rebelry
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:43 pm


Return to PostgreSQL [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests