Page 1 of 1

Connection Refused

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:59 pm
by Scratch9
I get the message when opening PT3 "unable to logon, could not connect to server, (0x0000274D/100641) Is the server running on localhost?"

I'd much appreciate some help with this. I had a virus on the computer recently (apparently a bad one) which took me a while to remove using various malware removers, and I've also installed a firewall, so my reckoning is that one of these has interfered?

Re: Connection Refused

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:06 am
by kraada
It's most likely the firewall; PostgreSQL needs access to port 5432 in order to function properly and that message indicates that the server isn't currently running. You can attempt to start it manually by clicking Start --> Programs --> PostgreSQL --> Start Services, but if it's blocked by a firewall it won't start up properly, so you'll need to carve out an exception for the postgres process and then it should start normally.

Re: Connection Refused

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:27 am
by UnKnownPro
but if it's blocked by a firewall it won't start up properly, so you'll need to carve out an exception for the postgres process and then it should start normally
.

I'm having trouble connecting to postgres after updating to 3.00 4. I tried to start --> Programs --> PostgreSQL --> Start Services but it didnt work.

Could you give directions on how to "carve out" firewall to connect to postgress? I use XP Pro, Thx.

Re: Connection Refused

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:35 am
by UnKnownPro
Disregard previous post, got it runnin'

Re: Connection Refused

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:43 am
by BigSlick0977
How did you get it starting, because I'm having the same problem after installing build 4?

Re: Connection Refused

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:28 am
by imurvariance090
sorry to be a noob but how do u start services the only options i can find are uninstall,change and repair.

Re: Connection Refused

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:03 pm
by WhiteRider
kraada wrote:It's most likely the firewall; PostgreSQL needs access to port 5432 in order to function properly and that message indicates that the server isn't currently running. You can attempt to start it manually by clicking Start --> Programs --> PostgreSQL --> Start Service, but if it's blocked by a firewall it won't start up properly, so you'll need to carve out an exception for the postgres process and then it should start normally.