Vista User problems wile instaling

PostgreSQL is the database server used to store information. Do you have a question or are you having problem with PostgreSQL? If so, post them here.

Moderator: Moderators

Vista User problems wile instaling

Postby kendo » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:11 pm

While instalation of Postgre SQL proces continuing and when copying files - display massage:

"Faild to run initdb: 1! Please see log file....." after I press "Ok" - instalation process return and all files erase.

Also I have the same problem when I try to install only Postgre SQL 8.3

I do all I can : turn UCA and on administrative rights!

What can I do? Is this problems with Vista?

Because on XP its not a problem! All install sucsessfully !
kendo
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:05 pm

Re: Vista User problems wile instaling

Postby kraada » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:45 pm

Please try following this document which will explain in detail how to set up PostgreSQL and it should work properly on Vista as well.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Vista User problems wile instaling

Postby kendo » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:01 am

kraada wrote:Please try following this document which will explain in detail how to set up PostgreSQL and it should work properly on Vista as well.



I have already made all actions which are specified in the given document which you recommend me. All the same. That result which I have written. It is impossible to establish a database. An error.
kendo
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:05 pm

Re: Vista User problems wile instaling

Postby kraada » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:48 am

Could you please paste what that log says before you click 'ok'? That will help us in figuring out what the problem is that's causing the error.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY


Return to PostgreSQL [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest