Postgres service stops working after a while

PostgreSQL is the database server used to store information. Do you have a question or are you having problem with PostgreSQL? If so, post them here.

Moderator: Moderators

Postgres service stops working after a while

Postby kikkoman » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:54 am

I have postgres installed on a vista machine and the postgres service stops responding after a random amount hours of computer uptime. That means holdem manager freezes so I have to reboot the computer if I want to continue having stats, really annoying.
I have tried different firewalls and different versions of postgres. I even tried formating the computer and reinstalling.

Does anyone have an idea how to fix it? I would be forever grateful.
kikkoman
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:04 am

Re: Postgres service stops working after a while

Postby kraada » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:22 pm

If you click Start --> Programs --> PostgreSQL --> Stop Services followed by Start --> Programs --> PostgreSQL --> Start Services that should restart PostgreSQL for you.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Postgres service stops working after a while

Postby kikkoman » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:01 am

Just to clarify I own both holdem manager and poker tracker and the problem is the same with both.

I have tried stopping and startin the service but that doesn't work.
kikkoman
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:04 am

Re: Postgres service stops working after a while

Postby kraada » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:21 am

Are you running any firewalls? You may need to configure an exception for PostgreSQL to use port 5432.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Postgres service stops working after a while

Postby kikkoman » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:13 pm

Yes I have Outpost security suite but I have tried to disable it and then restart the service but it makes no difference.
kikkoman
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:04 am

Re: Postgres service stops working after a while

Postby kraada » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:48 am

I'd recommend checking out this post anyway and see if that helps.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY


Return to PostgreSQL [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests