More postgresql problems

PostgreSQL is the database server used to store information. Do you have a question or are you having problem with PostgreSQL? If so, post them here.

Moderator: Moderators

More postgresql problems

Postby ABorges » Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:20 pm

Okay, so I got pt3 about 2 or 3 weeks ago. I purchased it, downloaded it and tried to watch a whole tourney HH I had played. No problems, all fine! Next day, I try to open pt3 and the following message appeared:

"PokerTracker was unable to connect to any PostgreSQL databases.
Please make sure you have PostgreSQP running."

I tried to run it by pressing 'start service', but the window disappears after less than a second. Then I thought screw it and ignore it till I didn't feel lazy enough to take care of it. Fastforward to yesterday, I decided to uninstall both pt3 and pgsql and reinstall them to see how it would go. Well, lo and behold everything was up and running! I was able to get a few K cash hands I had played. So today I was going to try the HUD for the first time since I bought this. I opened it and the same goddamn message appears. I've searched the topics around here and didn't see a solution to this (maybe I'm blind), so wtf can I do to fix this? help appreciated

Oh and this seems like it matters, I don't have windows vista, I have XP.
ABorges
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:50 pm

Re: More postgresql problems

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:12 pm

If PT3 is working and you can import and view the reports then postgres must be running.
After you start the HUD, look in Task Manager -> Processes and see if postgres.exe is still running?

Please enable logging, reproduce the problem by starting the HUD submit your PokerTracker.log and PokerTrackerHUD.log files (zip/compress them first, call it logs.zip) to the
Support system , and link to this thread in the reference field of the ticket so that we can investigate.
Please also include the postgres log files in the zip covering the time you see the problem.
They are in C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3\data\pg_log.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: More postgresql problems

Postby ABorges » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:37 pm

Okay, after re-reading my post I see I wasn't clear enough. After I reinstalled both pt3 and postgresql I was able to import hands ONLY the first time I opened it. The day after I had the same problem I had before, postgresql didn't seem to work. I really feel like I just wasted 90$, any help?
ABorges
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:50 pm

Re: More postgresql problems

Postby WhiteRider » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:44 am

Please create a support ticket as I suggested and we'll be able to investigate further.
Please include the postgres log files for the time you tried to start the service from the folder:
C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3\data\pg_log

There can be some initial complications getting postgres configured, but we will get it working for you.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: More postgresql problems

Postby jarmak » Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:24 am

Hi
I'm have the exactly same problem as ABorges. Is there a solution for this problem?
jarmak
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:21 pm

Re: More postgresql problems

Postby kraada » Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:56 am

Could you create a ticket as well just like he was directed? We'll look into it for you from there.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY


Return to PostgreSQL [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests