Where's my SQL db?

PostgreSQL is the database server used to store information. Do you have a question or are you having problem with PostgreSQL? If so, post them here.

Moderator: Moderators

Where's my SQL db?

Postby mdemontecristo » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:36 pm

If I wanted to make or find a .sql file with all my data in it, where would it be or how would I make it?
mdemontecristo
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:25 pm

Re: Where's my SQL db?

Postby APerfect10 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:56 pm

PostgreSQL uses a file system and your data is stored in a bunch of small files. You cannot access it directly.

If you need a single file, you would need to do a [url=http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/interactive/app-pgdump.html03k]pg_dump[/url03k].

Best regards,

Derek
APerfect10
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4489
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:03 pm

Re: Where's my SQL db?

Postby mdemontecristo » Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:14 pm

OK, so if I do the pg_dump, I can take whatever files I get out of that, put it on an external hard drive, take it over to a friend's house, and he will be able to reassemble the database in sql on his computer?
mdemontecristo
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:25 pm

Re: Where's my SQL db?

Postby APerfect10 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:20 am

Yes, you would then need to use [url=http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/interactive/app-pgrestore.htmlhxu]pg_restore[/urlhxu] to rebuild the database from that file.

Best regards,

Derek
APerfect10
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4489
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:03 pm

Re: Where's my SQL db?

Postby TheNicki » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:27 pm

If i want you program like PokerEv, when i used PT2 i didn't have any problem, and he found alone the database, but now he doesn't find it, how can I do?
TheNicki
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:07 pm

Re: Where's my SQL db?

Postby APerfect10 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:01 pm

[quote="TheNicki"m2u]If i want you program like PokerEv, when i used PT2 i didn't have any problem, and he found alone the database, but now he doesn't find it, how can I do?[/quotem2u]

I am not sure that I understand your question...

-Derek
APerfect10
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4489
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:03 pm

Re: Where's my SQL db?

Postby TheNicki » Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:43 pm

i'M SORRY.

I wrong a word lol

I want say that when i used Poker tracker 2 and i opened PokerEv, PokerEv alone found the pokertracker database.
Now that i'm using Poker tracker 3 when i open PokerEv, PokerEv doesn't find alone my database, and i don't know where it is, so i can't use PokerEv now.

Can you help me pls?
TheNicki
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:07 pm

Re: Where's my SQL db?

Postby APerfect10 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:56 pm

PEV does not support PokerTracker 3 nor are they going to. We will be implementing our own EV stats directly into PT3 :mrgreen: Wait a little bit (or continue to use PT2)

Best regards,

Derek
APerfect10
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4489
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:03 pm


Return to PostgreSQL [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests