reindexdb never completes; database does not load in PT3.

PostgreSQL is the database server used to store information. Do you have a question or are you having problem with PostgreSQL? If so, post them here.

Moderator: Moderators

reindexdb never completes; database does not load in PT3.

Postby Russelldust » Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:06 pm

I'm having some problems with PokerTracker. The application loads, but none of my data appears. It's like it's indefinitely trying to load my database.

I tried re-indexing my database by following the instructions here:
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=18647&p=88571&hilit=reindexdb#p88571

However it stalls after the following line:
NOTICE: table "pg_depend" was reindexed


It seems to get stuck forever. So I press CTRL+C to terminate the re-indexing.

Help! I can no longer see any of my data. :(
Russelldust
 
Posts: 106
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:51 am

Re: reindexdb never completes; database does not load in PT3.

Postby kraada » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:44 am

Have you defragged your computer lately? If not, that may help things complete more quickly.

If that doesn't help (defragging certainly can't hurt), could you please paste the contents of the most recent C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3\data\pg_log files? (The last two or three should be enough.) That would help me figure out what's going on when you're attempting to reindex and it's not getting anywhere.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: reindexdb never completes; database does not load in PT3.

Postby Russelldust » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:41 pm

Thanks for the reply Kraada. I think there might actually be a fault with the hard disk where the database is stored. I'm swapping out the drive to see if the problem goes away.

I'll report back if the problem reoccurs. Cheers!
Russelldust
 
Posts: 106
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:51 am

Re: reindexdb never completes; database does not load in PT3.

Postby kraada » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:55 am

Okay, keep us posted.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY


Return to PostgreSQL [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests