Page 1 of 2

Error when trying to install PT3 (specifically postgreSQL)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:40 pm
by Tbird24
Ok, so I tried to install PT3 with the SQL, and midway through the installation I had the brilliant idea to cancel the install process, because I really wanted to learn more about what postgreSQL was before I installed it. Well, I think thanks to that brilliant move, PT3 won't work. When I cancelled, I uninstalled PT3 using the uninstaller, and then I tried to uninstall the SQL. Since there was no "uninstall", I just clicked something like "stop service" and it seemed to be uninstalled. So I reinstalled PT3, and everything was going fine. I clicked the PT3 Icon and it asked to install postgreSQL. So i did that, and midway through it gave me an error message that said something like that there was some sort of error with the log file located at C:\Program FIles\PostgreSQL\8.3\tmp\initdb.log.
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p240 ... tled-3.jpg
But it kept installing anyway, and finished installing. Then, when it finished I clicked on PT3 icon again, and it asked me to create a database. I used everything default, and clicked OK. This is the error message I got: http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p240 ... itled2.jpg


someone please help me!


EDIT: I am running WINDOWS XP, NOT VISTA!

Re: Error when trying to install PT3 (specifically postgreSQL)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:48 pm
by APerfect10
Go Start->Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Services

Look for the service named 'Secondary Logon'. Make sure that this service is started. If it is not, double click on 'Secondary Logon', start the process and make sure that the startup type is 'Automatic'.

Best regards,

Derek

Re: Error when trying to install PT3 (specifically postgreSQL)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:20 pm
by Tbird24
Hey, I just read your email. It didn't work, it was already set to Started and it was also automatic.

Re: Error when trying to install PT3 (specifically postgreSQL)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:22 am
by APerfect10
I replied back. We'll get it working :)

Re: Error when trying to install PT3 (specifically postgreSQL)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:14 am
by Ragsymalone
[color=#4000403v2]I am having the same problem can you please upload ur E-Mails so we can all see thanks :)[/color3v2]

Re: Error when trying to install PT3 (specifically postgreSQL)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:22 pm
by APerfect10
[quote="Ragsymalone"ssy][color=#400040ssy]I am having the same problem can you please upload ur E-Mails so we can all see thanks :)[/colorssy][/quotessy]

What version of Windows are you using? In this particular users case, I scheduled a remote assistance which is planned for today.

Best regards,

Derek

Re: Error when trying to install PT3 (specifically postgreSQL)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:44 pm
by jmefrisco
whoa! i got this same problem!!

I am running XP thru parallels on a mac.

any help would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Error when trying to install PT3 (specifically postgreSQL)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:54 pm
by APerfect10
[quote="jmefrisco"2px]whoa! i got this same problem!!

I am running XP thru parallels on a mac.

any help would be greatly appreciated![/quote2px]

There is a special Mac version of PostgreSQL that you will need to install. I do not believe you can install PostgreSQL through Parallels. I wish I could offer more help but I am not familiar with the situation.

You may just need to wait until we release PT3 for Mac in the coming months.

Best regards,

Derek

Re: Error when trying to install PT3 (specifically postgreSQL)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:58 pm
by jmefrisco
[quote="APerfect10"0vn][quote="jmefrisco"0vn]whoa! i got this same problem!!

I am running XP thru parallels on a mac.

any help would be greatly appreciated![/quote0vn]

There is a special Mac version of PostgreSQL that you will need to install. I do not believe you can install PostgreSQL through Parallels. I wish I could offer more help but I am not familiar with the situation.

You may just need to wait until we release PT3 for Mac in the coming months.

Best regards,

Derek[/quote0vn]

I'm not so sure though because I see others having the same problem...and I actually got it to work one time! It was really random and I didn't do anything different than I'm doing now. But then it got messed up when I manually imported some HHs that weren't formatted correctly or something, and i got that message that others are also having that says it lost connection with the server.. I'm really dumb when it comes to these things but I'm not convinced its the mac because I got it working! I wish I could just go back in time! if you think of anything else, let me know!!

tyty

Re: Error when trying to install PT3 (specifically postgreSQL)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:16 pm
by APerfect10
Ok, so you already have PostgreSQL installed? In that case, go Start->Programs->PostgreSQL->Stop Service then Start->Programs->PostgreSQL->Start Service.

See if that resolves the problem.

-Derek