Page 1 of 1

2 installs of pt3 1 database no networking

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:31 pm
by smart7211
I have recent bought the upgrade of pt3 from pt2. I installed pt3 on my laptop as first run, i installed postgreSQL 8.3 from the link when pt3 starting. of course, it has been installed on a external hard drive (P:) following the pt3 tuorial. Everything is fine so far.

however, after I uninstalled the pt3 and postgresql on my second pc, i got prolbme, first, when run pt3 after installtion and tried to install the postgresql from thel link, i got message "Please use the main msi file to install posgreSQL". I went to postgresql download 8.3.7, and when I tried to install and point the data folder to the "P:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3\data", i got message "The existing data directory (data/time setting: floating-point numbers) is not compatible with this server (data/time setting: 64-bit integers)", and i am at the dead end. Please help.

I already import many hands via the laptop at P:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3\data

Re: 2 installs of pt3 1 database no networking

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:40 pm
by kraada
Have you tried installing PostgreSQL on the other computer the same way you installed in on the first one? You can always move the directory that PostgreSQL looks at after installation is complete by editing the postgresql.conf file.

Re: 2 installs of pt3 1 database no networking

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:14 pm
by smart7211
yes, tried the same way as the first computer.

however, when run pt3 after installtion and tried to install the postgresql from thel link, i got message "Please use the main msi file to install posgreSQL". I went to postgresql download 8.3.7, and when I tried to install and point the data folder to the "P:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3\data", i got message "The existing data directory (data/time setting: floating-point numbers) is not compatible with this server (data/time setting: 64-bit integers)", and i am at the dead end. Please help.

Re: 2 installs of pt3 1 database no networking

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:35 pm
by kraada
The easiest thing will be to have a remote session where I (or another technician) can log into your machine and get this fixed directly.

Please create a support request using this link and we will schedule one for you.

Re: 2 installs of pt3 1 database no networking

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:13 pm
by smart7211
it is just could not to install postgresql on the second pc, the rest is fine. where could I down load the same version of postgresql that when you first run pt3, there is a link to it?

Re: 2 installs of pt3 1 database no networking

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:23 pm
by kraada
The pgInstaller should be the same from postgresql.org, as far as I know.

Re: 2 installs of pt3 1 database no networking

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:22 pm
by smart7211
i really need help, since i got this pt3, it is just like nightmxxx. when i import some hands manually with update cache on completion, cluster on completion and so on, it is running after 28 hour 22 min after finishing the import. how can you sale this kind staff to players or i must be doing some thing incorrectly.

Re: 2 installs of pt3 1 database no networking

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:50 am
by WhiteRider
You do not need to do the housekeeping options after every import - see the recommendations in the FAQ for how often they are needed.