Configure PostgresSQL Database (not responding)

PostgreSQL is the database server used to store information. Do you have a question or are you having problem with PostgreSQL? If so, post them here.

Moderator: Moderators

Configure PostgresSQL Database (not responding)

Postby BlueMonday » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:07 pm

Hi,


Downloaded Beta test and ran Pokertracker 3 on Windows XP.
Attempted to install PostgreSQL.
At Configure PostgreSQL Database changed passwords. Was this not a good idea?
Moved along but Configure PostgreSQL Database had a message (not responding)
Eventually get the message.

"Connection refused (0x0000274 D/10061) Is the server running on the host "localhost" and accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432"

Also as a a side note I had to allow two programs through my Nortons Firewall. 1-pg-ctl-starts/stops/restarts the PostgreSQL server and 2- Postgre-SQL server. These are both set to Permit all on Nortons.

Have been unable to run Pokertracker 3

cheers,

BlueMonday
BlueMonday
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:01 pm

Re: Configure PostgresSQL Database (not responding)

Postby Josh » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:24 pm

Does PT3 have local network access? It needs that to connect to the PostgreSQL server.
Josh
Site Admin
 
Posts: 6222
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:03 pm

Re: Configure PostgresSQL Database (not responding)

Postby BlueMonday » Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:06 am

[quote="Josh"da5]Does PT3 have local network access? It needs that to connect to the PostgreSQL server.[/quoteda5]

Forgive my ignorance, but I only have a vague idea about what local network access is. For what it is worth, My Nortons firewall permits access to Pokertracker3.

cheers,
BlueMonday
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:01 pm

Re: Configure PostgresSQL Database (not responding)

Postby Josh » Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:12 am

That's what I was asking about, PT3 needed permission to access your local network in order to connect to the PostgreSQL server. I'm going to get someone who knows more about PostgreSQL to help you out here.
Josh
Site Admin
 
Posts: 6222
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:03 pm

Re: Configure PostgresSQL Database (not responding)

Postby APerfect10 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:17 pm

Hit CTRL-ALT-DELETE and open your task manager. Under the 'Processes' tab, do you see any processes named 'postgres.exe'?

Best regards,

Derek
APerfect10
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4489
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:03 pm

Re: Configure PostgresSQL Database (not responding)

Postby BlueMonday » Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:24 pm

Hi,


I downloaded beta version 7 update and the same problem occurred initially. However after re-booting, Pokertracker 3 is now running. So basically what occurred was this sequence of events. When first auto installing the postgres database initialisation hung, but it did manage to set up files in the prefetch on the computer. Then when I restart my computer I manually end the process' of programs I am not using. So I was killing 'pg_ctl.exe' and all the 'postgres.exe' before running pokertracker3. This somehow continued to prevent the database from installing. However, when I re-booted with all the programs running from pre-fetch and with the firewall allowing access it finally installed.

I guess there are a few people like myself who tend to turn off pre-fetched programs in Task manager if they are not running a piece of software.

cheers,
BlueMonday
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:01 pm


Return to PostgreSQL [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest