Page 1 of 1

Combinign DB's / networking

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:09 pm
by ClarkItUp
I found this thread http://www.pokertracker.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=4638 and am think about doing this, but I have a few questions.

1. My wife and I play on 2 different computers so we're both logged in to FT/PS at the same time. Obviously we can't play the same tourneys/tables but we both play micro-stakes and would like to combine our opponents. Will this work with 2 different poker accounts? (I am using 2 PT3 licenses for the 2 computers.)

2. I'm running a MAC w/Parallels and she's running XP...is this a problem?

Any issues with this scenario?

Sorry if these are dumb questions, but I'm really unfamiliar with networking and database management.

Re: Combinign DB's / networking

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:19 pm
by kraada
(1) This will work just fine, though if you are planning on both playing simultaneously (even if in different tournaments), you should make sure that you have different databases on the server for each player. Simultaneous imports from multiple sources could cause data corruption. You could still use both databases for the HUD so it won't make a difference in terms of resulting data you see.

(2) That won't matter; PostgreSQL is PostgreSQL and both of you will be able to connect to the server just fine.