Page 1 of 1

Lost postgres PW

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:44 pm
by Clean
I feel like a little bit of a meathead, but I've forgotten my password for postgres, and as such can't boot up PT3.

Anyone know how to retrieve it? Thanks in advance for any help - vvv excited about the new beta :)

Re: Lost postgres PW

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:46 pm
by _dave_
set authentication mode to "trust" for 127.0.0.1 in pg_hba.conf, restart postgres service.

You won't need a password anymore - but neither will anyone else if they can get on your computer, so obv. be aware of this.

Once you are in, you can set it back somehow - personally I run "trust" for all my computers - no-one else touches them :)

Re: Lost postgres PW

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:49 pm
by Clean
lol that was *woosh* over my head.

Assume I'm absolutely clueless with anything related to postgres...(I followed a step-by-step guide to set it up) :oops:

Thanks for the help...

Re: Lost postgres PW

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:52 pm
by Josh
Open the file in notepad:

C:\program files\PostgreSQL\8.2\data\pg_hba.conf

Change the line that says:

[code654]host all all 127.0.0.1/32 md5[/code654]

to say:

[code654]host all all 127.0.0.1/32 trust[/code654]

Reboot your computer and you should be good to go.

Re: Lost postgres PW

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:10 pm
by Clean
Worked, and I'm already nearly done importing ~40k hands from my recent dabble into full ring games

Thanks a bunch for the help, guys. :)

p.s. PT3 is teh sex. I'm getting an erection just looking at this thing.