Page 1 of 2
PostgreSQL wont install

Posted:
Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:35 pm
by BradG
Hi, I downloaded PT3 Beta 7 and when it asked if I wanted PT to install PostgreSQL I said yes..it got just over half way through and then popped up this message.....
Failed to run initdb:1!
Please see the log file in C/Program
Files\PostgreSQL\8.3\tmp\initdb.log'.
Note! You must read/copy this logfile before you click OK,
or it will be automatically removed.
I have looked for the log file..read it and couldnt make heads or tails of it and wouldnt know what to do if I copied it...when I hit the OK button the whole install reverses itself and uninstalls off the computer.
Can anyone help please
Regards
Brad.
Re: PostgreSQL wont install

Posted:
Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:49 pm
by BradG
BTW I have Vista Home Premium and had PT3 Beta 6 working ok...had to re install windows and now get this problem with Beta 7
Regards again
Brad
Re: PostgreSQL wont install

Posted:
Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:15 pm
by APerfect10
Please read the sticky at the top of this forum.
[url=http://www.pokertracker3.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=790&start=0yrb]Attn: Vista Users Installing PostgreSQL 8.3[/urlyrb]
Best regards,
Derek
Re: PostgreSQL wont install

Posted:
Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:48 am
by BradG
Thanks for directing me to the Sticky note Derek. I tried to install it but to be honest I had no idea how to merge PT3 into PostgresSQL. Any chance of some more indepth instructions or did I miss some somewhere?
Regards
Brad
Re: PostgreSQL wont install

Posted:
Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:14 am
by APerfect10
Were you able to get PostgreSQL installed manually? Once you install PostgreSQL, you simply enter your username & password that you created during the Postgres installation into the PokerTracker 3 connection wizard...
If PostgreSQL did not install successfully, what was the error message?
Best regards,
Derek
Re: PostgreSQL wont install

Posted:
Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:16 pm
by BradG
I eventually got it working but ended up with 8.2 AND 8.3 installed lol. Got no idea what I did but its working. Hopefully it will be an easier install by the time the next Beta comes out. Thanks again for your help
Regards
Brad
Re: PostgreSQL wont install

Posted:
Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:44 pm
by APerfect10
BradG wrote:I eventually got it working but ended up with 8.2 AND 8.3 installed lol. Got no idea what I did but its working. Hopefully it will be an easier install by the time the next Beta comes out. Thanks again for your help
Regards
Brad
Now that PostgreSQL is installed there is no need to reinstall so upgrades should be very simply. Simply download and install the PokerTracker file without PostgreSQL then install over-top of your existing installation :)
Best regards,
Derek
Re: PostgreSQL wont install

Posted:
Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:41 am
by BradG
Hi..me again..I forgot to ask..is it ok to unistall PostgreSQL 8.3 now?
Re: PostgreSQL wont install

Posted:
Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:25 pm
by APerfect10
It depends if you are using the 8.3 or 8.2 version. If you are sure that you are using PostgreSQL 8.2.x then you can uninstall 8.3.
Best regards,
Derek
Re: PostgreSQL wont install

Posted:
Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:31 pm
by BradG
I got no idea what one PT is using...how can I find out please?