Page 1 of 1

Postgres 8.4.6.1-windows for Windows 7 Database problem

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:47 pm
by ejace1
I am at my wits' end right now.

My other computer with Postgres 8.3 and Vista has failed so I had to get a new one, which has Windows 7. After spending literally HALF THE DAY trying to get some version of 8.3 to work on the new computer with all of my copied files from the old one, I found a post that said 8.4 might be more appropriate for Windows 7. So I deleted 8.3 and got further in setting up 8.4 than I did in 8.3. But now it says on the configure PostgreSQL Database thing that it cannot find any PokerTracker 3 databases. Well where did it go, because I have well over 30,000 hands, play poker for a living, and I will go apeshit if I cannot somehow transport that old information onto this new computer! I have transported every PostgreSQL and PT3 file from the old computer to the new one and need to know what happened to my data.

I am missing playoff American football, I'm cranky as hell from being up all night and this morning working on this, and I'm an inch away from defecting to Hold Em Manager or something not so needlessly complicated. Someone please help me ASAP as I am losing money the longer this takes to fix. Thank you.

EJ

Re: Postgres 8.4.6.1-windows for Windows 7 Database problem

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:21 am
by WhiteRider
If you have a Backup from your old computer then restoring that should work, but assuming that you don't then do you have the hand history files (from the PokerTracker 3\Processed folder by default) on your old computer? If so, then the easiest solution will be to re-import them.
Failing that, if you still have the PostgreSQL\Data folder intact from your old computer then you should be able to copy the new computer and reinstall the same major version of PostgreSQL (8.3), which should reconnect to the existing databases.
To do that you will need to fully uninstall PostgreSQL from your new computer, copy the folder structure from your old computer, and then install 8.3 again. See the "how to reinstall PostgreSQL" guides in the Documentation.