Page 1 of 1

1 USB Hard Drive, 2 Computers - Possible?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:16 pm
by Goomashroom
This is kind of cross-posted but it probably deserves its own thread...

So I've set up 2 databases on my external USB hard drive following these instructions: http://www.pokertracker.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=526

I bought a laptop and I was hoping I could just plug it in and load up PT3, but I don't think it's finding them. When I try going to Database -> Database Management -> New -> Browse Databases, it only shows 1 database (the default one that it installed on my laptop, not one from the USB hard drive). I installed SQL using the same login and passwords on both computers. My desktop has XP and my laptop is running Vista. How can I make this work?

Re: 1 USB Hard Drive, 2 Computers - Possible?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:05 am
by APerfect10
I suggest sending a private message to _dave_. He will be able to better assist you than I can on this issue...

Best regards,

Derek

Re: 1 USB Hard Drive, 2 Computers - Possible?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:58 pm
by _dave_
It is certainly possible, but the TABLESPACE method is not sufficient to do it.

You need to move the whole database cluster to the USB drive, rather than just the data tables.

The easiest method to accomplish this is to manually install postgresql to the USB drive, twice - once from each computer.