Page 1 of 1

Tried to install Pokertracker, PostgreSQL database not found

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:32 pm
by neoking
Hi,

I've installed Poker Tracker 3 and it all succeeded, but when I try to connect to a PostgreSQL database, I get the warning 'Database PT3 DB is not a valid Pokertracker database'. I've installed postgresql 8.3.18, but it doesnt work...
Can somebody please help me out??

Re: Tried to install Pokertracker, PostgreSQL database not f

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:59 am
by WhiteRider
Was PostgreSQL already installed on this computer, or did PT3 install it, or did you install it manually?
Had you used PT3 on this computer before?

Does your database have any hands in it?
Can you create a new database and import to that?

Re: Tried to install Pokertracker, PostgreSQL database not f

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 9:03 pm
by neoking
WhiteRider wrote:Was PostgreSQL already installed on this computer, or did PT3 install it, or did you install it manually?
Had you used PT3 on this computer before?

Does your database have any hands in it?
Can you create a new database and import to that?


I already had a version of PostgreSQL on my computer I believe from an older version of Holdem Manager. I installed Poker Tracker 3 after that, but because it didnt work, I tried removing the older PostgreSQL and downloaded another one (version 8.3.18).

I also have hands already stored in the handhistorymap from Pokerstars. And I cant get to the create a new database menu, because I when I fill in my password etc. and I go the the 'Configure Postgresql database' I get the error as stated in my first post. I hope you have enough information to help me out on this one!

Re: Tried to install Pokertracker, PostgreSQL database not f

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 3:04 am
by WhiteRider
PostgreSQL needs to be fully uninstalled before you can reinstall it - please follow the guide in the Documentation to reinstall.

Re: Tried to install Pokertracker, PostgreSQL database not f

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 11:25 pm
by neoking
WhiteRider wrote:PostgreSQL needs to be fully uninstalled before you can reinstall it - please follow the guide in the Documentation to reinstall.


Hey Whiterider,

I did as you told, only now I have a new problem: when I try to install the new postgresql database I must fill in a password twice, I've tried both dbpass and postgrespass, but none seem to work. Supposedly I need to fill in a pass I created a while ago, but I dont remember anymore...What to do now?

Re: Tried to install Pokertracker, PostgreSQL database not f

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 3:13 am
by WhiteRider
If you fully uninstalled PostgreSQL then you are creating a password, not entering an existing one, so anything should work. Please be sure to follow the uninstall steps before you try to re-install. If anything doesn't work properly during the uninstall please let us know.