Page 1 of 1

Updates to Postgre?

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 9:03 pm
by se_mich_man
I somehow found myself on a Postgre webpage and it looked like there is a version of this that is newer than the version included with the program. Should I download these updates?

If so, should I download all updates? I don't really know much about this Postgre thing.

Thanks

Re: Updates to Postgre?

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 5:25 am
by WhiteRider
There is no need to, though newer versions may provide some performance improvement.
What version do you currently have installed, and what is now available?

Re: Updates to Postgre?

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 4:16 pm
by AKxxxxAK
Hi,

which postgres version is minimum requierd for PT3 (actually i work with 8.2.1)?
Can I use this version or must i update to 8.3.1?

thanks AK

Re: Updates to Postgre?

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 5:25 pm
by WhiteRider
No, your version is fine. I understand that any 8.x version will work.

Re: Updates to Postgre?

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 2:04 am
by TX86s
am i correct in thinking that PTH2 does not work with postgresql 8.3.1? what abt PTO? i'm goin to upgrade to PT3 soon, and would like to upgrade postgresql as well, but if PTO won't work with the neweset postgresql, then i guess i'll stick with the current version of postgresql. can anyone clarify these for me please?

thanks

Re: Updates to Postgre?

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 6:06 am
by WhiteRider
It is possible to use PT2 with postgres 8.3
Additional steps are required, read the above post - IIRC it is all explained there, but if not you can search or post in the PT2 forums.