Page 1 of 1

Unable to write inside TEMP environment variable path

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:36 am
by Razlik
Hello, I red a lot of discussions related to this problem and I did not still find any solution. Can sombedoy help me with this installation problem? :(

There is some printscreens i made for this error. They may help.


1. Error: https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/407x1 ... 5/ba0u.jpg
2. .vbs: http://imageshack.com/a/img833/8383/uqxu.jpg
3. temp folder: http://imageshack.com/a/img543/2701/egqg.jpg
4. echo %TEMP%: https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x3 ... 3/pyoc.jpg

Thanks for any help!!

Re: Unable to write inside TEMP environment variable path

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:08 pm
by kraada
Please try creating a new Windows user without any special characters in their name (say something like pgtemp) and run the installer from there -- that may work better for you.

Re: Unable to write inside TEMP environment variable path

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:28 pm
by Razlik
kraada wrote:Please try creating a new Windows user without any special characters in their name (say something like pgtemp) and run the installer from there -- that may work better for you.


I tried it, and still do not work. It looks like there is no problem with special characters. I do not know why it is happening. I think it might be problem of Acer laptops, because there is other member on this forum with Acer laptop (or PC?) and have the same problem.

Re: Unable to write inside TEMP environment variable path

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:35 pm
by Razlik
I do not know, if this screen from bitrock_installer.log should help, but if anybody knows what to do, please help.

http://imageshack.com/a/img855/7890/q5np.jpg

Re: Unable to write inside TEMP environment variable path

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:39 pm
by kraada
Please try following the steps here and that may help.

Re: Unable to write inside TEMP environment variable path

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:44 pm
by Razlik
kraada wrote:Please try following the steps here and that may help.


I tried this step too, as you can see here: http://imageshack.com/a/img833/8383/uqxu.jpg

(Výchozí) is the same like (Default) in my country. I am hopeless. I think only reinstall of windows can help. :D

Re: Unable to write inside TEMP environment variable path

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:47 pm
by kraada
That certainly would work. I would still recommend if you go that route choosing a username that doesn't use special characters -- those have been known to cause problems in the past.

Re: Unable to write inside TEMP environment variable path

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:12 pm
by Razlik
I tried it second time and still the same result. If somebody will have this problem and fix it, please let me know.