PostgreSQL problem

PostgreSQL is the database server used to store information. Do you have a question or are you having problem with PostgreSQL? If so, post them here.

Moderator: Moderators

PostgreSQL problem

Postby FRASSE226 » Thu May 22, 2008 12:18 pm

Hi,

I have download PT the last version (without postgresql) and download and intalled postgresql 8.3.1-1, bit I get a error when I start PT.
Error:

Unable to create PostgreSql database: PT3
Reason: Unable to execute query:ALTER DATABASE
"PT3 DB" OWNER to postgreSQL;; Reason: Fatal Error
(Wrong:the postgresql" dont exist)

Whats wrong, I have try to find a subject on this problem but could not find any, I did see how to edit the *.con
to change the password, so I would not need it ( trust )

Pleas help me out here, then when I have the PostgreSql to worg, I will buy the Full PT version.

Pär Bensered
Sweden
FRASSE226
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 10:13 am

Re: PostgreSQL problem

Postby prajna » Thu May 22, 2008 3:44 pm

When you installed postgresql, there came a config box asking for a username and password to create. What did you use? Either 1) postgresql is not running or 2) its running, but you changed the username when you created it.

The quick way around this is to just uninstall postgresql from the add/remove programs window, then delete the postgresql folder (its in program files), reboot, then install postgresql again. Use the follow info when prompted for a username and password to create:

username: postgres
password: dbpass

make sure its on port 5432 as well.

~ Thomas
[Pokertracker support]
prajna
 
Posts: 734
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:58 pm

Re: PostgreSQL problem

Postby FRASSE226 » Fri May 23, 2008 5:20 am

prajna wrote:When you installed postgresql, there came a config box asking for a username and password to create. What did you use? Either 1) postgresql is not running or 2) its running, but you changed the username when you created it.

The quick way around this is to just uninstall postgresql from the add/remove programs window, then delete the postgresql folder (its in program files), reboot, then install postgresql again. Use the follow info when prompted for a username and password to create:

username: postgres
password: dbpass

make sure its on port 5432 as well.

~ Thomas
[Pokertracker support]



Hi,

Thanks for the replay.
Sorry that I don't have answering before now, but I have solved it all by my self by doing some more search on the forum (haha, unice is it not ?)
Well, I have also bought the Full version of PT, and I like it very much.

I have one qustion thought, but it may not be the right forum, but when are you adding UltmatBet Poker to PT ?
Do you have some kind of a list on the Poker Site you will add in the future ?

Pär
FRASSE226
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 10:13 am

Re: PostgreSQL problem

Postby WhiteRider » Fri May 23, 2008 11:05 am

WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: PostgreSQL problem

Postby kraada » Fri May 23, 2008 11:11 am

See this thread for a list of the rough schedule. But you should note that the list in that thread is not exhaustive; we will likely add support for more rooms after we've gone through that list.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY


Return to PostgreSQL [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests