can't access postgres after update.

PostgreSQL is the database server used to store information. Do you have a question or are you having problem with PostgreSQL? If so, post them here.

Moderator: Moderators

can't access postgres after update.

Postby meacham » Sun May 25, 2008 9:51 am

I've been using PT3 for quite a while, and I love it, but since the latest update to pokertracker version 3.00 build 2, PT can't access postgres. When PT asks for a registration code, I click continue trial and this is what is says:

Unable to create PostgreSQL database: PT3 DB
Reason: Unable to login to database (template1). Reason: FATAL: password authentication failed for user "postgres"


I SWEAR I haven't changed any password or account information. I know my password and can access the database from "pgadminIII", but I don't know where to enter it in PT3. Also, I thought that there was supposed to be windows user named "postgres", but there's none on my Vista?!
I going to buy a license for sure, but I want to get it to work first, so I don't use up a license when I'm trying to get it to work.

I've tried the trick of editing pg_hba, but I'm not able to save the changing.

Hope you can help me. I have been exporting my HH at intervals, so if I have to reinstall, it's not a catastrophy, but I would rather keep the old installation.

-Meacham
meacham
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:45 pm

Re: can't access postgres after update.

Postby WhiteRider » Sun May 25, 2008 10:06 am

meacham wrote:I've tried the trick of editing pg_hba, but I'm not able to save the changing.

I'm not a postgres expert, and this is what I was going to suggest.
If you can't save changes that sounds like a permissions error. Are you running everything as an administrator? Are you on Vista?
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: can't access postgres after update.

Postby meacham » Sun May 25, 2008 5:17 pm

yeah, I didn't think of that. Yes, I am running Vista and forgot to "run as administrator", so now I've edited the file to "trust" and am ready to run PT3. Unfortunately, my old database apparently is gone. I sort of think that that was the trouble in the first place. Since the upgrade, it tried to use a database called "pokertracker 3 database" and I haven't a database called that.
Anyway, it's sort of working now, but I still wished that I could have md5 encryption active. Is there a way use a password again or to use my old database? I can see 3 databases in pgadminIII but only the newly created in PT3?

sidenote: I see that you get PT2 and acehud if you purchase PT3, as a promotion offer. My question is: Why would you want those programs, if you are buying PT3? It does the sames things, only better?! Just a thought.

-Meacham
meacham
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:45 pm

Re: can't access postgres after update.

Postby WhiteRider » Sun May 25, 2008 5:33 pm

Sorry, I can't give you any more answers about postgres - I'm not an expert.
Do you have the registered version of PT3? The trial only allows one DB..

You can use PT2 if PT3 doesn't yet support the site you play at, or if you are affected by any of the problems some people are experiencing with the HUD.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK


Return to PostgreSQL [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests