XP Home & PostgreSQL install fails...

PostgreSQL is the database server used to store information. Do you have a question or are you having problem with PostgreSQL? If so, post them here.

Moderator: Moderators

XP Home & PostgreSQL install fails...

Postby keggler » Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:31 pm

Hi,

I've been looking at the other threads on this; I guess I'm basically screwed on installing this software under XP Home until someone susses the permissions problem on service start when it installsl?

Is this correct?

Any idea on when someone will figure out a circumvention?

Thanks,

Susan
keggler
 
Posts: 640
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:53 am

Re: XP Home & PostgreSQL install fails...

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:43 pm

I have XP Home, and my install happened with no issues, so I don't think it's a general problem.
I know this doesn't help solve your problem, sorry...
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: XP Home & PostgreSQL install fails...

Postby mdfgreat1 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:51 am

im havingexact same problem on xp
mdfgreat1
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:13 pm

Re: XP Home & PostgreSQL install fails...

Postby kraada » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:34 pm

Please make sure your account has administrator privileges. Click Start --> Settings --> Control Panel --> Users and make sure you have Administrator rights for your account. If you do not, please get someone who does to make your account have Administrator rights. PostgreSQL needs these rights in order to start up as a service and the installation will fail without them,
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: XP Home & PostgreSQL install fails...

Postby cm1981 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:56 am

cm1981
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:33 am

Re: XP Home & PostgreSQL install fails...

Postby keggler » Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:38 am

keggler
 
Posts: 640
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:53 am


Return to PostgreSQL [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest