Page 1 of 1

Indexes to speed up data retrieval

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:51 pm
by woodyman4916
I haven't checked PT3 yet, but PT2 doesn't have an index on hand histories. I am sure there is a good reason for this, but can we add indexes to tables without messing up PT3 and is there any advantage in speed if they were added? I know this question is vague but I am looking for a general answer (sometimes it's a good idea, never a good idea).

Re: Indexes to speed up data retrieval

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:35 pm
by Josh
Adding indexes could potentially cause performance problems, but they shouldn't keep things from working.

Re: Indexes to speed up data retrieval

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:32 pm
by APerfect10
I would not recommend any indexes to the PT3 schema unless if you absolutely know what you are doing. I believe we have the optimum amount of indexes. Adding further indexes could negatively impact performance.

Best regards,

Derek