Network problem...

PostgreSQL is the database server used to store information. Do you have a question or are you having problem with PostgreSQL? If so, post them here.

Moderator: Moderators

Network problem...

Postby keggler » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:17 pm

Hi,

I've got 2 PC's now running with PT3 full installs with Postgres on both.

Followed the network FAQ meticulously; when I try to "browse" to the server DB from the client I get a "cannot connect" message; "are you sure the server is accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432?"...

I've disabled the server and client firewalls completely and set an exception in the router to open 5432...

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Susan
keggler
 
Posts: 640
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:53 am

Re: Network problem...

Postby airharm » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:54 am

bump
airharm
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Sat May 17, 2008 4:17 am

Re: Network problem...

Postby keggler » Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:34 am

sussed it...

the postgres service on the server wasn't even starting coz of another permissions problem - fixed that and boom!! networked database...

susan
keggler
 
Posts: 640
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:53 am

Re: Network problem...

Postby kakature » Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:45 pm

Can you explain how you fixed it please? I have the same problem (viewtopic.php?f=17&t=7086)
kakature
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 7:03 am

Re: Network problem...

Postby WhiteRider » Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:15 pm

WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Network problem...

Postby kakature » Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:54 pm

Ok I tried it but it didn't help for me. I think your solution is for a specific case only but thanks anyway.
kakature
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 7:03 am

Re: Network problem...

Postby keggler » Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:25 pm

is your postgres service running on the server?

if yes,then follow the instructions in the network faq;

if no, try using procmon from sysinternals to isolate the area on the pc (registry key or folder) where the permissions are inhibiting the service...


susan
keggler
 
Posts: 640
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:53 am


Return to PostgreSQL [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests