Page 1 of 1

How to configure Postgres SQL

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:01 pm
by Softball
Hello,

so I downloaded the Pokertracker3-Software. (actually without Postgres SQL) The Programm asks me to configure postgres SQL anyway. While I have postgres SQL installed on my computer I am a cumputerdummy and don't know how to deal with it. So, how can I configure it.

Thank you!

Re: How to configure Postgres SQL

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:12 pm
by Josh
If you have it installed on your computer, and you didn't alter any configuration options when you installed it, all you need to do is enter the password you gave PostgreSQL upon installation. If you do not remember your password, go to Start -> Programs -> PostgreSQL -> Configuration files -> Edit pg_hba.conf. Change the line that says:

[codeakp]host all all 127.0.0.1/32 md5[/codeakp]

to say:

[codeakp]host all all 127.0.0.1/32 trust[/codeakp]

Stop and restart the PostgreSQL service (using the links in the Start menu group) and leave the password field blank in PT3 and you should be good to go.