PostgreSQL is the database server used to store information. Do you have a question or are you having problem with PostgreSQL? If so, post them here.
Moderator: Moderators
by Moah » Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:31 am
Hello,
I have installed PostgresSQL in French, and I suspect the freeze I have when importing duplicate hands is because of that. I'm wondering if there's a way to change the language without uninstalling and reinstalling it.
Thank you.
-
Moah
-
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:52 pm
by keggler » Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:23 pm
The language choice made during the installation only selects which language is used by the installer.
Try editing postgresql.conf and changing these parameters to these values:
lc_messages = 'English_United States.1252' # locale for system error message
# strings
lc_monetary = 'English_United States.1252' # locale for monetary formatting
lc_numeric = 'English_United States.1252' # locale for number formatting
lc_time = 'English_United States.1252' # locale for time formatting
# default configuration for text search
default_text_search_config = 'pg_catalog.english'
susan
-
keggler
-
- Posts: 640
- Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:53 am
Return to PostgreSQL [Read Only]
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests