Pop up "slow DB" after cache rebuild ???

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Pop up "slow DB" after cache rebuild ???

Postby doppiosei83 » Wed May 20, 2026 6:12 pm

Good evening, I've been having several problems with PT4 lately. Everything was working fine until I had to rebuild the database. I had to rebuild a new database, at least partially importing my last year of the game. I've done all the updates for PT4, using Postgres 16, and I've built a new DB. Unfortunately, every now and then the HUD crashes, slows down, and freezes. I've reindexed, clustered, vacuumed, and then fully rebuilt the cache... I do this often for maintenance. Yet, as soon as the cache rebuild is complete, as soon as I click on import, this pop-up appears: Since I changed this DB and use Postgres 16, it doesn't work as well as before. I have an NVMe and 32GB DDR5 RAM... it should always fly!
Also, since I reinstalled with Postgres 16, I no longer see the size of my DBs in management.
Attachments
Screenshot 2026-05-21 001036.png
(21.37 KiB) Downloaded 1379 times
Screenshot 2026-05-21 000417.png
(269.49 KiB) Downloaded 1376 times
doppiosei83
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:02 pm

Re: Pop up "slow DB" after cache rebuild ???

Postby Flag_Hippo » Thu May 21, 2026 5:23 am

Your import settings for iPoker in 'Configure -> Sites & Import Options -> Site Configuration -> iPoker Network' are not correct and this can cause problems. The default iPoker folder for auto-import is this:

C:\Users\{Windows Login}\AppData\Local\{iPoker Client Name}\data\{iPoker Screenname}\History\Data

I do not know why yours is in C:\Program Files (x86) but the equivalent would be:

C:\Program Files (x86)\{iPoker Client Name}\data\{iPoker Screenname}\History\Data

Configuring to import from higher than the second 'Data' folder can cause problems.

If that does not resolve the issue then you could try PostgreSQL v18 which PokerTracker 4 now supports otherwise turn on 'Enable Logging' in PokerTracker 4 via 'Configure -> Options' and then restart PokerTracker 4. Next reproduce the problem and then create a support bundle via the 'File -> Create Support Bundle' menu option in PokerTracker 4. When that file has been saved attach your support bundle to a Support Ticket where a technician can review your logs and follow up with you:

Tutorial: Reporting A Problem
Flag_Hippo
Moderator
 
Posts: 17062
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:50 am

Re: Pop up "slow DB" after cache rebuild ???

Postby doppiosei83 » Thu May 21, 2026 1:09 pm

My folder has always been that one, even when everything was working fine.
It's in x86 because the room is installed as administrator, which I need to run ipoker tools. C:\Program Files (x86)\Lottomatica.it\data\TroviComodo\History
Now, as per your suggestion, I've changed it to C:\Program Files (x86)\Lottomatica.it\data\TroviComodo\History\Data.
But I don't think this solves the problem.
I'll keep you updated. I'll also try Postgres 18.
doppiosei83
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:02 pm

Re: Pop up "slow DB" after cache rebuild ???

Postby waltonjb » Mon Jun 01, 2026 11:00 am

I'm having this same issue in the last day or two, happens to be when i cleanly backed up the DB and everything then tried to import into a new computer fresh install (both are speedy machines, the new one is even more so).

last night i made a new database, left the imported one in the DB management interface and have all HUD (imported profiles) working on ACR and PS with new hands being imported and all working well.

I occasionally do the maintenance, always keep it up-to-date, and do backups and maintenance before and after most upgrades. I did a full backup before and after the latest update to do the import. I tried the sequence of maint steps to solve the slow DB warning, to no avail. HUD not working and most hands not importing, or 30 minute lag. As soon as I switched to a New DB, all hands zipped in and hud activated, etc. The prior DB is about 5+ years, 300K hands, and 7G.

So, i was going to poke around the forums a little to see if this is a known issue or there is something I am doing wrong. Pretty sure the postgres versions are identical, PT 4 definitely is.

Anyone else have any suggestions?
waltonjb
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2023 1:11 pm

Re: Pop up "slow DB" after cache rebuild ???

Postby waltonjb » Mon Jun 01, 2026 11:12 am

well, uh, hasty followup from me, i am surprised to note, the prior computer and PT4 is still running postgres 9.6.24, the new computer and install is running 16.11.

I am kind of surprised there was not flag from PT 4 about updates to the postgres install over the years of use, not blaming PT4, I try to stay on top of these things, but apparently missed this.

I'll update the postgres on the prior computer and then re-do the backup and restore into the new computer. At this point, I would like to just get the hands, gotta figure that out, too.

So, everyone, check your postgres!
waltonjb
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2023 1:11 pm

Re: Pop up "slow DB" after cache rebuild ???

Postby Flag_Hippo » Mon Jun 01, 2026 12:19 pm

Thanks for the update. If you have any further trouble with that on your new computer please open a Support Ticket with your support bundle where a technician can follow up with you:

Tutorial: Reporting A Problem
Flag_Hippo
Moderator
 
Posts: 17062
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:50 am

Re: Pop up "slow DB" after cache rebuild ???

Postby waltonjb » Mon Jun 01, 2026 2:06 pm

i'm in the process of doing this on the prior computer, but, following the instructions on the PT4 website for postgres upgrade, it seems like this is essentially what i did from one machine to the next.

is there some reason that doing the postgres upgrade on the same computer is different that moving the database via backup and restore to a different computer with a newer postgres than than the system that did the backup?
waltonjb
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2023 1:11 pm

Re: Pop up "slow DB" after cache rebuild ???

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue Jun 02, 2026 5:23 am

waltonjb wrote:i'm in the process of doing this on the prior computer, but, following the instructions on the PT4 website for postgres upgrade, it seems like this is essentially what i did from one machine to the next.

is there some reason that doing the postgres upgrade on the same computer is different that moving the database via backup and restore to a different computer with a newer postgres than than the system that did the backup?

The backup file has to be transferred from one machine to the another in some way and the new computer is a different environment. Beyond that I do not know why the restored database would be performing like that on the new computer so I recommend that you open a Support Ticket with your support bundle where a technician can follow up with you:

Tutorial: Reporting A Problem
Flag_Hippo
Moderator
 
Posts: 17062
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:50 am

Re: Pop up "slow DB" after cache rebuild ???

Postby waltonjb » Tue Jun 02, 2026 4:00 pm

Ok, it is a little wonky still, but the HUD works and hands seem to be imported somewhat timely on the new machine and the new version of postgres. I still get the warning that the speed of the database is a problem and to do the maintenance, which I have done. The only two sites i have configured are PS and WPN using the default/auto-detected configuration.

The prior machine postgres install seems to have stepped on itself and I can't get that easily running, but I am just going to remove it all and focus on the new machine.

I have the main 7G database and a smaller one I just used for one day yesterday.

I'll pull a support bundle and open a ticket to see what we can find out. Seems like it is something small that keeps tripping the warning and slowing the import.

Thanks for a great product overall, some issues are inevitable, I'll see what the engineers say...
waltonjb
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2023 1:11 pm


Return to PokerTracker 4

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: mkdj and 32 guests