I want automated notes to show specific hands

Discuss and learn how to use TableTracker for table selection and NoteTracker for taking automated notes.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

I want automated notes to show specific hands

Postby Opperwezen » Fri Nov 28, 2025 11:05 am

I added the following (see attachment) to automate notes for SB vs BU resteals (all-in only).

This currently results in automated notes showing the amount of times this action is taken, but not with which specific hands the action is taken. I like to add this in. Can someone let me know how to do this?

Thanks in advance.
Attachments
Tournament filters.jpg
(86.65 KiB) Downloaded 3547 times
Opperwezen
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:20 pm

Re: I want automated notes to show specific hands

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sat Nov 29, 2025 5:32 am

You need to use a {cardrange} variable in the 'Text to Insert as Note' field for that note definition:

NoteTracker Guide: Creating & Editing Note Definitions
Flag_Hippo
Moderator
 
Posts: 17064
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:50 am

Re: I want automated notes to show specific hands

Postby Opperwezen » Sat Dec 20, 2025 6:49 am

Hi Hippo,

Thanks for the help. I added a cardrange to the automated notes after I received your message and the notes have been showing up in the desired format since.

What does puzzle me is the inconsistency with which automated notes appear to be added. At least 20% of hands in the format I play will be open shoves, but just a tiny fraction of shoves appear to be added by the automated note system. I can't detect a pattern in it; it appears to be random. On players I have a couple hundred hands on, I will have like five automated notes. As mentioned, whenever an automated note is added, the note does show up exactly as intended.

FYI: 100.00% of my hands have been processed according to NoteTracker, and a large number of different stack sizes have been used to create automatic notes (see image).

Could you let me know why my NoteTracker appears to be this inconsistent?

Kind regards.
Attachments
PT4 automated notes.jpg
(345.54 KiB) Downloaded 3302 times
Opperwezen
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:20 pm

Re: I want automated notes to show specific hands

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sun Dec 21, 2025 7:24 am

There are gaps in your bb ranges. For example 'between 10-11bb' and 'between 12-13bb ranges' are not going to capture hands greater than 11bb and less than 12bb. You will need widen the ranges on your filters to 1 decimal place to fill in the gaps and determine where you want the crossover points to be e.g. 10.0-11.4bb, 11.5-12.9bb.
Flag_Hippo
Moderator
 
Posts: 17064
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:50 am

Re: I want automated notes to show specific hands

Postby Opperwezen » Wed Dec 24, 2025 9:18 am

I'll take a look at it. Thanks!
Opperwezen
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:20 pm


Return to TableTracker & NoteTracker

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest